We have recovered millions of dollars for injury victims and their families.

We have recovered millions of dollars for injury victims and their families.

Getting Compensation After A Farm Or Farm-Related Accident

Whether you were operating a farm vehicle at the time of a crash or were struck by farm equipment on the road while passing through a rural area, you should consult with an experienced local attorney after such an accident.

You do not need to rely on an out-of-town Chicago area law firm after a farm accident west central Illinois. Attorney Stephen P. Rapp is a Quincy native as well as the only lawyer based here who focuses on personal injury. During his legal career, he has helped injury victims recover compensation after they were injured in farm and farm-related accidents.

West Central Illinois And Farm Accidents

West central Illinois is an agricultural area, of course, with many county roads surrounding it. Particularly during planting and harvest seasons, rural roads can be crowded with all types of farm machinery. Many farm vehicles and machinery such as tractors, balers, combines, planters and sprayers are enormous and quite dangerous.

If you are reading this after being injured, this description of the hazards of farm equipment on the roads will come as no surprise. Legal counsel is what you need now, and at our firm, you will find a well-qualified local attorney as well as a supportive team to help you through this difficult time.

Accidents on county roads or interstates involving farm machinery and cars are often catastrophic. You may have been seriously injured or you may be a close family member of someone who was seriously injured. We welcome your inquiry. In either case, we will do our best to give you the red-carpet treatment we are known for.

Common Questions And Answers About Farm Vehicle Accidents

Below are questions we commonly receive regarding farm vehicle accidents.

Who can I hold responsible for my injuries after being injured by farm machinery?

A thorough investigation will help determine whether the liable party or parties are any of the following:

  • The manufacturer, owner, leaser or operator of the farm equipment that collided with your car, motorcycle, camper or truck
  • Another driver whose actions made your crash with the farm machinery unavoidable

Can I be held partially responsible for a farm accident?

That’s possible, but you should get legal counsel to help you get at the correct answer. If a court finds that you were less than 50% at fault, you can pursue compensation from another person or company that was more than 50% at fault.

What damages can I recover?

You may be able to recover compensation for medical care, lost wage replacement, pain and suffering, and property damage to your vehicle. Much will depend on the outcome of your case and the available sources of compensation.

What To Do After A Farm Accident

After a crash involving a farm vehicle or an accident involving machinery on a farm, call for emergency assistance as soon as possible. Keep all records together, such as photographs, names of witnesses, police reports and medical records. Get legal advice as soon as possible.

Attorney Rapp, an experienced local personal injury lawyer, is ready to evaluate your case, get in touch with experts and prepare your case for trial even if you may settle out of court. If you need a hospital or home visit, just ask. Call 217-223-4570 or send an email inquiry for a quick response.